This week we’re highlighting the versatility of The Spice Way Fruit Infusions. With this range of products you can enjoy the flavors of your favorite fruits year round. Made from a variety of dried fruits rich in fiber and taste our Fruit Infusions flavors will satisfy every tastebud — First you sip, then you snack!
Simply choose your favorite flavor and prepare:
Water Temp: 210 F
Steep Time: 2-3 Minutes
Get creative in the kitchen with our Fruit Infusions — use the fruit pieces as a topping for yogurt & cereals, mixed into muffins, and more! Read on for our recipe featuring The Spice Way Passionfruit & Strawberry Infusion. This recipe for Spiced Almond Milk Pudding with Passion Fruit and Strawberry makes a great dessert for entertaining — prepare it a day ahead! Make them in clear glasses or bowls for an impressive presentation to wow your guests!
Spiced Almond Milk Pudding with Passion Fruit and Strawberry
By Olivia Hayo
2 cups almond milk, divided
½ lemon, organic, zested
3 tbsp (40g) white sugar
1 tsp The Spice Way Ground Cardamom or The Spice Way Ground Saigon Cinnamon
⅓ cup (40g) cornstarch
½ cup The Spice Way Passionfruit & Strawberry Infusion
½ cup boiling water
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced or chopped
¼ cup slivered or chopped almonds
- To make the pudding, pour half (1 cup) of the almond milk in a small saucepan over a low flame. Add the sugar, lemon zest and The Spice Way Ground Cardamom or The Spice Way Ground Saigon Cinnamon.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine the remaining (1 cup) of almond milk with the cornstarch and stir well to dissolve. Add it into the saucepan, pouring it through a sieve to remove any lumps, stirring the whole time.
- Continue stirring mixture with a spoon until it starts boiling or thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour the almond custard into 4 single portion cups/bowls (½ cup each). Let it cool on the counter and place in fridge to chill through, ~1.5 hours
- Make the topping by combining the water and The Spice Way Passionfruit & Strawberry Infusion in a small bowl, set aside to steep.
- Top each portion with ¼ cup strawberries, 1 tbsp almonds, and 2 tbsp The Spice Way Passionfruit & Strawberry Infusion.